Thursday, January 18, 2018

A New Contract, and So Much to Think About...

My Washington license application will take a while. As of now, nothing has been processed. They haven't even cashed my check yet. It's been weeks. I had hoped to at least get the fingerprinting done when I arrived, but no go. So, no Wenatchee. And with bills needing payment and money getting scarce, I called my recruiter last week. Long story short, I signed a contract with a Sutter hospital in Antioch, CA yesterday. I actually know the area, it's an old shopping stomping ground when I worked in the Bay area and lived in Pittsburg. Yes it's a city, but more laid-back than Frisco and Oakland.

As I said in my last post, this is going to be quite a year. While in Quincy, I developed and nurtured a relationship. And it's serious enough to talk of permanence. And we talked this evening about it. We'll talk more as the days go by...okay, Curious Reader, I am happy. That's all I can reveal on the matter. I am happy.

So this is going to be a very busy week. All the medical requirements (PPD, drug testing, pre-employment physical, etc. ect.) are getting done, online skills tests I need to finish, housing I need to find, packing I need to do. I leave Saturday to arrive Sunday with an overnight stay at Klamath Falls. I start Tuesday, giving me Monday to relax and do some shopping. I hope I get a studio apartment with a kitchenette, or a motel with a kitchenette, or a room with kitchen privileges. You get the idea. I need to cook my own meals.

So my interim at home is short and busy. And since I needed to go back to Cali, I wished it was to Quincy. More later..

No comments:

Post a Comment